Dr. Harvinder Kaur
Dr Harvinder Kaur Dharam Singh is a senior lecturer and has been working at Open University Malaysia (OUM) since 2002. She has published numerous research papers and book chapters in distance learning, e-learning, mobile learning and recognition of prior learning. She has received Commonwealth of Learning (COL) Excellence in Distance Education Award for Distance Education Materials (2005) for developing Learning Skills for Open and Distance Learning course module and JSPS RONPAKU Medal Award (2013) for her doctoral research. She has worked as an instructional designer for enhancing course modules and courseware. She was given the responsibilities for pioneering the establishment of the procedures, policies and assessments for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Assessment of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) at OUM from 2006 till 2010. Between 2013 and 2017, she has headed Tutor Delivery Unit and was in-charge of managing tutor appointment, tutor training, tutor monitoring and evaluation, and tutor issues. In 2017, she was pioneer in initiating the coursework assessment via online at OUM.
- PhD (Instructional Design, Mobile Learning, Distance Learning) International Christian University (ICU), Japan.
- Master of Business Administration (Information Systems) Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom.
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (Microbiology), University Sains Malaysia, Malaysia.
Areas of Specialisation:
- Instructional Technology
- Instructional Design
- Mobile Learning
- Distance Learning
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) & Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL)
- Tutor Training
- Module Development/Writing
- Designing Question Bank System
- Designing Outcome Based Education System
- Commonwealth of Learning (COL) Excellence in Distance Education Award for Distance Education Materials (2005)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) RONPAKU Medal Award (2013)